Alsatian Chocolate Balls
Valentine’s Day is a special holiday for couples or even if you are single. Single or attached, you have a chance to prove to that special person just how much you care. And what better way to show your affection to someone than by making them a home made treat to enjoy. Alsatian chocolate balls are a great way to accomplish this. The recipe is short and easy to follow. You will be able to convince anyone that you know how to bake, even if you have never done so a day in your life. Below is the recipe. Good luck and Happy Valentine’s Day.
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 3/8 cups ground almonds
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Place the eggs and sugar in a bowl together and beat the until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Next, grate each of your squares of chocolate into the egg and sugar mix.
- Mix everything together until it is well blended.
- Take a small handful of your mix and roll it into a ball.
- Place them on a plate or cookie sheet and in the refrigerator to cool for a minimum of one hour..
- After at least an hour of your dough being in the refrigerator, take it out and place it on the counter.
- Take each of your rolled balls individually and roll them in the confectioner’s sugar.