Ranch Chicken Nuggets
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
1 ½ cups buttermilk
1 package Ranch style dressing mix
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix buttermilk and ranch dressing mix into a large container or bag.
- Place chicken pieces in mixture and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Combine the flour, turmeric, salt, and pepper in a flat dish or shallow bowl.
- Dip the cut chicken pieces in the flour mixture until they are well coated.
- Fry them in a pan of heated oil 5 to 6 minutes or until done. Carefully pat dry and serve warm.
- ome additional ranch dressing may be made and used as a dipping sauce.
It will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator, but tastes best when it is freshest and crunchiest!
This recipe serves 8-10 people.
There are almost endless possibilities for customizations to this recipe. It can easily be changed to suit almost any palate or preference. For a simple variation substitute the flour with flavored bread crumbs. Panko, Japanese breadcrumbs, are another option for flavor and texture variation. Parmesan cheese can also be added to the dry mixture for a variety in flavors. If you are looking for a healthier option you can bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 400 F for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is done and the juices run clear.
This recipe is easily expanded or adjusted for groups of any size. This makes it a great snack for tailgate parties, family gatherings, and kids’ birthday parties alike. Cooking them for an intimate gathering is an option as well. The chicken can be prepared as a bite-sized finger food that a couple can feed to each other during a quiet, candlelit dinner on a peaceful evening.