September 24, 2020 No Comments
Almond filled Easter bread is a great dish for any Easter get together. Follow these instructions and your Easter bread is sure to be a great hit at your Easter office party or family gathering.
- 4 cups Sugar
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- ½ Ounce Yeast
- ¾ Cups Milk
- 4 ½ cups Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Sticks Butter
- 12 ½ Can of Almond Cake Filling (Not Almond Paste)
- ½ Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs
- Sliced Almonds to Garnish
- First thing you will do is to dissolve half a cup of sugar and yeast into the water between one hundred and one hundred and ten degrees F.
- Stir mixture together and let stand until it gets foam like. This should take ten to fifteen minutes.
- Stir in three cups of sugar, and the milk.
- Then stir in three cups of flour, with eggs, and salt. Beat with electric mixer for three minutes.
- Stir in another cup and a half of flour and beat until soft, about five minutes.
- Cover and let rise for about thirty minutes.
- Place butter between two large pieces of wax paper.
- Roll out into a square and freeze for around fifteen minutes. Roll the dough out on a floured surface and make into a rectangle.
- Place butter on top after removing one side of wax paper.
- Remove the other wax paper. Fold dough in half closing the butter in the middle.
- Roll this flat again on a floured surface. Fold the dough in half, then in half again, making four butter layers. Roll the dough out again then repeat folding and rolling.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to three hundred and fifty degrees F. Lightly butter two baking sheets. Cut the dough into two. Cut each half into three long rectangular strips.
- In a large bowl mix almond filling, melted butter, and half a cup of sugar. Spread the mixture in the middle of the top of the dough strips then fold the dough to encase the filling. Pinch the edges together.
- Next you braid the three filled dough strip together and arrange the brad into a ring. Repeat this process on both halves of the dough.
- Put the braided, filled dough rings onto the baking sheets. Place three peeled hard boiled eggs within each ring if desired.
- Take one beaten egg and brush half over each dough ring, even over the eggs. Sprinkle the top with sugar, and add slices of almond. Now your dish is red to go into the oven preheated to three hundred and fifty. Bake for forty to forty five minute, or until browned.