How to Make Curried Pear Soup
Having a plan of a grand dinner at home with your near and dear ones? Why not include an item of soup before the dinner? Soup, we know act as an appetizer, so it will give you a perfect start for your grand dinner. Moreover health conscious people definitely prefer to have a bowl of soup every day as a prime food item in their daily food habit. And also a hot and delicious soup can be perfect for a cold afternoon with your loved ones.
We know different kind of soups where we might include fresh vegetables or meat. Why not try to add fruits to the soup to make it healthier and tastier. Here is a mouth watering soup preparation which is very easy and less time consuming. Curried pear soup, as the name suggests is a soup containing pear as its main ingredient and it has few other vegetables in it to make it nice and healthy. The rest of the ingredients used in this soup are very common in use.
How to make curried pear soup?
- 1 tablespoon of fresh butter
2. 6 medium sized hard pears
6. 3 tablespoons of flour(any flour)
7. 2 tablespoons of curry powder
8. 1/2 a cup of dry white wine
9. 6 cups of chicken broth(fat free)
Now the method of preparation of this refreshing soup
- Peel all the six pears properly and dice them into medium size. Chop a medium sized onion and finely chop some leeks. Wash the chopped leeks properly to remove sand and rinse them thoroughly.
2. Mince one tablespoon of garlic.
3. In a large saucepan add one tablespoon butter. Allow the butter to melt under medium heat.
4. Now add the chopped pears, onions, leeks and sliced garlic into the saucepan. Saute it for 2 minutes. Make sure you mix all the ingredients properly.
5. Next, to the mixture add three tablespoons of flour and then add two tablespoons of curry powder. Again saute it for at least 2 minutes until the pears get boiled properly.
6. Now add half a cup of dry white wine and six cups of chicken broth. Stir the entire mixture well so that the pears and the vegetables becomes soft.
7. Puree the entire mixture with an immersion blender for about four minutes until a thick soup is obtained. And your curried pear soup is ready. Now all you need to do is garnish this nicely to make it presentable. There are many ways by which you can give your curried pear soup the perfect look. But a yogurt topping will do absolutely fine for garnishing this soup.
The ingredients that will be needed to prepare the garnish, that is the yogurt topping, are:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
2. 1/4 cup of scallions(green onion)
3. 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
4. 1 tablespoon of honey
5. 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
6. Salt and pepper accordingly to add taste
Now, the the method of preparation of the yogurt topping
- Finely chop one fourth cup of scallions or green onion.
2. In a small saucepan add one tablespoon of butter and allow it to melt at a medium heat.
3. Add the finely chopped scallions into the melted butter containing saucepan. Allow it to mix well with the melted butter.
4. Now add one tablespoon of sesame oil.
5. Next, add one tablespoon of honey.
6. Stir the entire mixture well for about a minute.
7. Now remove the saucepan from heat. Add one fourth cup of plain yogurt into it. Mix it well so that the yogurt blends properly with it.
8. You can now add some salt and pepper to the mixture according to your need. This step is optional.
Your yogurt topping is ready now to garnish your curried pear soup.
All you have to do now is, add the curried pear soup in clean flat bowl and next add the yogurt topping on it. And your curried pear soup is ready to be served.
Isn’t this curried pear soup seem to be very delicious and healthy? Yes it is really very good in taste and moreover is perfect for your health. It will be well appreciated by your loved ones undoubtedly and even children will love this preparation. So why wait? Try it today at home.